Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Monday's Numbers

After Monday's exam, my biweekly blood draw was done at the office. My HCg levels were 25,009. Progesterone was at 35.4. To me, those HCg levels indicate that the twin has indeed died, though the upcoming scan will be necessary to verify. The progesterone level is unbelievable. I've never, ever had such high or healthy levels.

Though I'm disappointed to have lost another baby (and a twin, particularly), its presence in my body has very probably helped its sibling survive. By having ovulated twice, and by having two corpora lutea, the progesterone level I've achieved very probably will push me into the second trimester. For that, I'm extraordinarily grateful.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow- your progesterone level is so high!
It's odd I guess... things to be excited for and things to be saddened by. Not sure the appropriate thing to write, but I will say that I am so thrilled that baby A seems to be growing so well. I'm guessing the old saying, "God works in mysterious ways" may be appropriate, but truly baby A is such a miracle and the sacrifice baby B made will always be an overwhelming thought. I'm praying for you and this pregnancy every single day. I hope that you and James have a wonderful Christmas despite the ups and downs of the last week!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Wow - your take on the second baby's presence is so neat. I know that doesn't make it any easier for you but I'm so glad that you can see something good in all of this. I'm so happy that your progesterone level is so high!