Sunday, January 18, 2009

Random Thoughts (by James)

  • Are all pregnancies as crazy as all of ours have been?
  • I witnessed Amanda at her finest last night. She is no doubt the strongest person I know. In the midst of what we thought would be a tragedy, she remained calm, collected, hopeful, and thankful to be a child of God.
  • I think our baby was break dancing last night.
  • I witness my wife drink a half gallon of Orange Juice this morning in less than 15 minutes.
  • Where did this "plum-sized" clot come from?
  • Bub last night, "I really thought this one was going to work out since it was going so well."
  • When do we officially start the 2nd trimester? I say 13 weeks 3 days.
  • Bub is sick today. Puked all over the bedding aisle at Babies R Us this afternoon, followed by a vomit session in the car."
  • Amanda thinks we should schedule a baby shower at Gatti Town. Funny wife that I have.
  • I spoke to 3 RNs, an Ultrasound tech, and 1 ER doc last night. None of them had heard of a heterotopic pregnancy.
  • I think the same medical personal I spoke to last night were quietly impressed by both Amanda and my knowledge of "pregnancy speak".
  • Waiting in the ER makes me feel like I am the same setting as buying a car.
  • Why is it so hard to think of names for the baby that we can agree upon?
  • I almost had 3 wrecks trying to drive Amanda to the hospital last night.
  • Amanda wanted a chicken drumstick from Popeye's last night. I would have driven to get her one if they had been open.

4 comments:

Amy said...

No. Not all pregnancies are as crazy as yalls... you are special! ;)

Sometimes it stinks to be "special"!

Amanda IS pretty darn amazing. (And you are too, James.)

I have never known 2 non-doctors that can "out speak" a doctor like you two can. I think that you could clep out of med school and start a ob office in your home.

I know! You could just let me name the baby, That solves a few problems all at the same time. :)

In His Grip said...

James,
Thanks for the thoughts. You are a great man and Amanda is very blessed to have you by her side. Keep up the good work. M-

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

You know what I hate? That your kids have lost the innocence and joy that should come with knowing a new sibling is on the way. It's so unfair.

Thanks for your thoughts, James.

Amanda said...

James, you totally crack me up. You're ridiculous. Thanks for making light of our insane life. I actually REALLY appreciate it.